Wednesday, September 18, 2013

The Singapore Seafood Guide

Some time ago, I run into a booth at Tampines Interchange where WWF (Not World Wrestling Foundation, it is World Wide Fund for Nature), a guy gave me a little pamphlets on Singapore Seafood Guide which talks about what seafood is recommended and what is avoidable as there are questions on sustainability on the sea wild life. They also invite me to make a donation, which I did now on a half-yearly basis.

I kind of find it useful. With all the hypes on no Shark's Fin, I think we should also consider further on the type of seafood that we should take care not to make the species of sea wildlife depleted, just like sharks and those endangered species.

The pamphlet is available online from WWF website HERE. Just look for "The Singapore Seafood Guide. This guide tells you what is best for consumption without a threat, what is best consume less and what best to avoid.

Screen Capture of the Web page. Go to Website

We should all do our part, else there would be a day when a child would ask you, "What is Shark?".

No comments:

Post a Comment