Saturday, June 27, 2015

Stuffed Tofu Puff with Fish and Prawn Paste

I love Saturday and Sunday! Not only I can wake up late (I still wake up at 7am), I can also cooked and try different recipe and make some nice food, yum!

I have craving for stuffed tofu puff today, so I went to NTUC to get my ingredients.

Ingredient:
Tofu Puff - I bought Unicurd Tofu Puff as these are softer and nicer.
Fish Paste - I bought Dodo's fish paste, 180gm
XXL Tiger Prawns - 230gm

These are what I bought, you can change the weightage around, but I maintain half half for fish paste and prawns.

I didn't shot the picture of Tofu Puff. This is what I bought last month for my sister, don't misunderstood NTUC for selling expired stuff, hahahaha :P

I prefer tiger than grey prawns as they are sweeter and more bouncy when use as stuffing. The tiger prawns is about 230gm. 

Cut the prawns into small dice and start to chop them into a mash, for about 1 minute. Don't mash them too finely so that you can still feel the texture of the prawns bits. I pick 2 stalk of spring onion from my garden and chop them finely. 

Stir the fish paste, prawns paste and spring onion till fully mix. Then I prepare the tofu puff by snipping the square on top and split them open slowly by hand, careful not to tear them into 2.. Then  using a spoon to stuff enough paste. I did not add anything to taste in the paste as I am not eating them directly but cooking them in soup or steamboat normally.

Steam them for about 10 minutes or till you notice some red colour appearing in the paste, which is the prawns getting cooked. I don't steam them too long cause I'll normally cook them in bee hoon soup. 

See those red red dots in the fish paste? They are the prawns bits that I did not mesh thoroughly.

I cook some bee hoon soup.

My soup base is just a teaspoon of deep fried shallots and a teaspoon of deep fried garlic. Both I got from Sheng Siong that is soak in oil. And then I add a teaspoon of Hao Chi (好吃) powder. A dash of white pepper and sesame oil. I add baby spinach and cook the Stuffed tofu puff till it boil. Then I add beaten egg and off the fire so that the egg will be soft and nice.

Notice the chilli beside the pot? I made it myself too. My favourite chilli, just grind chilli padi, ginger and garlic (1:1:1) and thats it! I added abit of those japanese sasame dressing for salad with the chilli, and it taste superb!

No comments:

Post a Comment